Lily Cache Dental provides high quality dental implants in Downers Grove and Bolingbrook. For those who wish to restore their youthful, radiant smile, dental implants are a permanent solution. Dr. Suzy Azalea and her staff strive to help patients achieve beautiful, healthy smiles through cosmetic implant procedures.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth replacements implanted into the jawbone. They appear and feel like natural teeth and are designed to last a lifetime. There are three parts to a dental implant: the titanium post that fuses into the jawbone, the abutment that fits over the part of the implant protruding from the gum line and the crown that replaces the missing tooth.
Is it necessary to replace my missing teeth?
The replacement of a missing tooth is about more than improved convenience and appearance. When you are missing a tooth, the bone surrounding the lost tooth is not being stimulated anymore, so it starts receding.
- Bone loss
- Teeth shifting
- Gum recession
- Loss of more teeth
- Jaw pain because of irregular bites
Advantages of dental implants
Dental implants restore your confidence in your smile and prevent future severe dental complications. Unlike with dentures, you do not have to worry about your dental implants shifting as you eat or talk. Some of the most important advantages of dental implants include:
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth
- Dental implants maintain bone and facial structure
- Patients can eat just as they would with natural teeth
- No speech problems
- No filing down of neighboring healthy teeth needed to replace a missing tooth
- High success rate of 95%
- Dental implants are a permanent lifetime solution for tooth replacement
With 40+ years of technique refinement and constant improvement, dental implants are a safe, efficient method to replace one’s teeth. Below are some common misconceptions about dental implants debunked:
- While some people think dental implants are painful, modern technology has rendered this idea a myth. With the variety of anesthetic options available today, the dental implants procedure is virtually painless, so even anxious patients can undergo it. Additionally, there are no nerve endings in the bone; therefore, with anesthesia, there is little discomfort during and after the surgery. After surgery, most patients can take over-the-counter pain medications to alleviate any discomfort.
- Dental implants have a high success rate, in contrast to the misconception that they’re unpredictable. According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the success rate of dental implants is 95% with proper oral care. Remember, dental implants have been around for 40+ years, so many years of research and improvement have gone into the procedure.
- The price of dental implants is actually more affordable than people think, despite the myth the dental implants are expensive. Today, dental implants cost much less than they have in previous decades. Lily Cache Dental offers Bolingbrook dental implants, including implants, abutment, and final restoration. Additionally, the lifetime value of dental implants is greater than other tooth replacement methods, as they do not need to be replaced and they prevent dental complications down the line.